Homework to be completed before class on Monday 10/24:
1. 文章: 兩岸三地大學生就業薪酬掃描 (亞洲（澳門）國際公開大學，現代管理研究中心編輯) (見下)
2. 分組閱讀功課 Group Assignment:
Groups 2 & 3: Read half way through the section on “內地” (from “內地大學生就業難已經呼喚了多年，….IBM北京理工大學生多等等。)
Group 1: Reada little more than half way through the section on “香港” (from 與內地大學生就業難、待遇走低截然不同，…對大學生就業情況會造成影響。)
Groups 4 & 5: Read half way through the section on “台灣” (from “伴隨著八年經濟下滑，…超市搬貨員等行業也都有大學畢業生。)
每組準備工作 For each group:
Meet with your group mates (face to face via SKYPE), go over the reading assignment together. Budget at least ONE hour,
preferably TWO hours.
Make sure everyone comprehends the assigned text; discuss key points.
Each person in the group prepares TWO different key points (summary comment based on the reading assignment) to present. Group 1 will have SIX key points; the rest will have FOUR points per group.
Post your key points individually before class.
We will devote about 20 minutes to each section (China, HK, Taiwan), and student in each group will have about 3-4 minutes to present.
a) Present your points orally, explain to classmates clearly what they mean, use your own words to ensure comprehension. Text will be projected via
Mandarinspot.com during presentation. Use the tool to display annotation notes for key words if needed.
b) Each group should coordinate your presentations to ensure key points are presented in order and without repetition.
c) Remember, you have to understand your assigned text before you can explain the meaning to others. You are TALKING and PPRESENTING to the class, not just READING your notes. (Prepared notes are acceptable but make sure you know them well and can add further explanation if needed.)
Each one of you will be TEACHING the class next week (Wk #09):
星期一: 1st half of each assigned section (oral presentations + blog postings)
星期三: 2nd half of each assigned section (oral presentations + blog postings)
星期五:Comments, reflections, discussions and questions (work on reflection comments – 150 words due Wednesday 10/26)
Homework to be completed by Monday 10/31:
1. Revisions (3rd/final draft, 2nd draft or 1st draft) of the following:
a. 履历表( the form with your shor bio/自传)
2. Check to make sure you have posted under Comments (Week #9) FOUR key points about your assigned reading section. If not, post them before Monday’s clss. See corrections for earlier posting.
3. Start working on your reflective comments, specifically adress the following: 比较两岸三地大学生就业情况。Be sure to talk about all three places: China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. (About 150 words, not more than 200 words. Focus on one point maybe, not a summary of the entire essay.) Comments should be posted under Week #10 (next week’s) Comments section, due on Wednesday, 11/2.
Lecture on Deng Xiaoping by Harvard sociologist Ezra Vogel
Tuesday, November 1, Trimble Forum
Check out Prof. Vogel’s book, Deng Xiaoping and the Transformation of China
Scheduled lesson topics and work for Weeks #10-13 (before Thanksgiving break):
1. (Weeks #10-11) Finalize your short bio, CV and cover letter. Work on Voicethread recording/self-intro project.
2. (Weeks #10-11) We will read 3 documents: 1) an email solicitation to seek business partners; 2) an invitation for a banking finance forum; 3) a rental contract.
3. (Weeks #11-1３) Prepare for a group debate (on topic of your choice). Possible debate topics include: