Chinese 202 Final Speaking Project
You are having a conversation with you host family that you will be staying with while you are studying abroad (choose a city in China or Taiwan). Your host family already knew about your study plan and travel, but would like to know more about you living with them in the family. Remember to build your questions and comments around your
past speaking interviews, and use words and patterns that we have been studying.
Topics of discussion for this speech can include some or more of the following:
1. Share your college info (location of school, city in US, grade, major and other academic interests)
2. Talk about your allergies, personal food preferences and/or restrictions
2. Talk about your room need (such as furniture, lights, internet access)
3. Talk about your sleeping schedule, personalities, preferences, and study habits
4. Discuss your strengths as a housemate, and talk about one shortcoming
5. Ask questions you may have for the host family (ask about the host family members, the vicinity of their apartment, distance from school, transportation, etc.)
6. Show your enthusiasm and interests in getting to know your host family, and eagerness to study Chinese and explore your host city/country
You are preparing a “self-intro” speech to be recorded and shared with your host family.