Telling A Story
Listen to a SAMPLE STORY 小龍的故事
1. You are asked to write a creative “children’s” story, with a story line and characters of your creation (or you may choose existing characters from different books or movies, and put them into your story) ;
2. Your story needs to include as many patterns we have studied this semester as possible; se; see a list of patterns we have learned from this semester we have learned from this semester; (also see below – listed at the bottom of this page);
3. Please annotate and provide a vocabulary list;
4. Your first writing with a vocabulary list is due Monday and will be edited;
5. Once your story is completely revised, you will choose a media/program/app, such as Screencast-O-Matic, PPT, Voicethread, Prezi, to record your reading of the story and make a digital presentation that can be posted online.
HOW TO MAKE A MOVIE AND POST YOUR STORY:
Step 1: Based on your approved story on edublogs page, make a PPT slide presentation.
Step 2: Practice reading your story; prepare reading notes if needed.
Step 3: Sign in to your Screencast-O-Matic and open the recorder you previously downloaded. Open the completed PPT slide. Drag the Recorder window to fit into your PPT slide.
Step 4: Record to capture your voice and each PPT slide in your story.
Step 5: Upload your finished recording to your Screencast-O-Matic online account and copy the link. Post the link on edublogs A Story page under Comments. Be sure to test your link online and make sure it records your slides and voice properly and completely.