Choose an original authentic text in Chinese, read it to understand it, and then practice reading it aloud with accurate pronunciation.
Provide the text, with Pinyin, and an English translation. Create a PDF one-page or two-page file and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post the following under comments below:
1. Title of the original work you selected;
2. Text in characters;
3. English Translation;
4. Links (to the original text, video, background info, etc)
You will read it (with notes) in front of class during the last week of class. Before your reciting presentation, you will present some background info about your selected piece of work (5- min presentation in English using PPT).
Here is a list of suggested materials. You can select your own, but it will need to be approved by Sun Laoshi:
1. 李白:將進酒 Tang Poem by Li Bai: Bring in the Wine
2. 蘇軾: 赤壁懷古 Song Poem by Su Shi: Reflections on the Ancient Red Cliff
3. 岳飛: 怒髮衝冠 Song Poem by Yue Fei: Hair on End
4. 余光中詩選 Selected Poems by Yu Kwang-chung
5. 徐志摩: 再別康橋 Goodbye Cambridge by Xu Zhimo | Song Video
6. 戴望舒:雨巷 A Lane in the Rain by Dai Wangshu
7. 席慕蓉: 一棵開花的樹 A Blooming Tree by Hsi Muren (Xi Murong)
8. 时间都去哪儿了 Song lyrics written by 陈曦 (Chén Xī) and tune by 董冬冬(Dǒng Dōngdōng) Video
9. 聽媽媽的話 Song by 周杰倫 (Jay Chou) Video
10. 蘇軾：水調歌頭 Song Poem by Su Shi; 《但願人長久》Song version by Wang Fei Video
11.成語故事：塞翁失馬 Chinese Idiom Story